Defilante maps are categorized as P18, run in defilante rooms and have a standard duration of 2 minutes.
- Each map needs at least two paths of varying difficulty.
- Taking the harder path should be more rewarding.
- Keep walljumping to a minimum.
- Maps need to move, they cannot be static.
- Maps shouldn't move too slow or too fast.
- Maps need to have freescroll as to not punish people who go too fast.
- No soulmate, collision, or nightmode.
- Alternative paths: A defilante map should have multiple paths, the more ways to run around the map, the better it will be.
- Speed: Do not make your map too fast or too slow, find a middle ground for the map to become pleasant.
- Tokens: Know how to make a good use of tokens (boosters, skulls and +1 points), do not overdo them but also do not leave the map empty.
- Design: Last but not least, know how to make a well-aligned and well-decorated map.