Racing maps are categorized as P17, run in racing rooms and have a standard duration of 1 minute.
- No shaman objects including anchors.
- No backgrounds.
- No decorations (flowers, plants, etc).
- No collision/soulmate/night/scrolling/defilante maps.
- No dynamic grounds.
- Use default properties for grounds, with exceptions for wj tramps and such.
- Use common sense.
- Shortcuts: A good racing map always has some shortcuts that will make some mice get ahead of others, however, the most fun is finding out the shortcuts that were not intentionally created by the map maker.
- Creativity and developing: There are many maps in rotation for this category, so every resource to innovate has most probably been explored, however, try to apply these concepts in a new way, in addition to keeping in mind that the map timing is 60 seconds in racing rooms. There is a difference between P17, P7 and P9.