- For a list of night mode maps, see Category:Nightmode maps.
Night mode (also known as nightmode or dark mode) is a randomly occurring game mode that limits the player's vision. The surrounding map is darkened, leaving a small area of light around each player that only they can see. This darkness applies to the shaman, as well. Night mode occurs on select vanilla mode maps and may also be imposed in player-created maps.
When a player completes the map or dies, the map is revealed for that player so that they can spectate the others.
Map 97 is the only vanilla map with night mode.
- (Version unknown): Dying once again reveals the map for the player. (patch source needed)
- V1.161: Dying in night mode maps won't remove the night anymore.
- V0.58: Night mode no longer available on all maps
- V0.55: Night mode was added.
Night mode may occur for the following vanilla maps. Note that night mode is the exclusive mode for map 97 and ex-vanilla map 99. All night mode map versions will have a shaman, even if its normal version does not.
- The naming convention of vanilla night mode maps adds 1000 to the map's number. For example, the night mode version of map 62 is named map 1062.