The Map Crew is a staff team that maintains the quality and consistency of maps in-game, and offers feedback and reviews of maps to members of the map-making community. They have the ability to protect maps from deletion, delete bad maps, and make maps permanent (perming) so that they show up in the game more frequently. You can distinguish a member of the team from a regular user as they have a blue name both in-game and on the Atelier 801 forums.
The Map Crew's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Periodically reviewing all maps posted in the Map Submissions subforum.
- Putting good enough maps they want to perm up for discussion with the rest of the team.
- Discussing maps that might be good enough with the rest of the team.
- Perming maps that the team agrees on.
- Protecting maps (P1) that they see fit.
- Holding official map-making contests.
- Offering feedback to users in-game and on the forums.