|Map categories||Vanilla maps • 2010||Event maps||Removed maps||Other maps|
Maps are the main levels of Transformice and are played across rounds. Maps can be created by players and submitted to the Atelier 801 forum using the code given when submitting. Maps are reviewed by the Map Crew. Vanilla rooms consist of only maps created or approved by the administrators.
|-1||Vanilla||Maps created or approved by the administrators. These are the only maps that appear in the vanilla game mode and are generally easier.|
|0||Standard||Maps that are unassessed.|
|1||Protection||Maps that meet certain minimum standards.|
|2||Prime Perm||This map category is unused.|
|3||Prime Bootcamp||Bootcamp-exclusive maps that have original gameplay.|
|4||Shaman||Maps that require the shaman's help.|
|5||Art||Maps that have artwork.|
|6||Mechanism||Maps that have a mechanism or trap.|
|7||No Shaman||Maps that can be completed without a shaman.|
|8||Dual Shaman||Maps that have two shamans and allows them to cooperate.|
|9||Miscellaneous||Maps that do not fit under any other category.|
|10||Survivor||Survivor-exclusive maps that have one shaman.|
|11||Vampire Survivor||Survivor-exclusive maps where a vampire chases mice.|
|13||Bootcamp||Bootcamp-exclusive maps that have generic gameplay.|
|18||Defilante||Defilante-exclusive maps that scroll and contain tokens such as spring, speed boost, death and +1. The maps offer at least two paths of different difficulties and reward people for taking the harder path.|
|19||Music||Maps that used to play in music and have a video screen that plays YouTube videos suggested by players in the room.|
|20||Survivor test||Survivor test for the Map Crew.|
|21||Vampire Survivor test||Vampire Survivor test for the Map Crew.|
|22||Tribe House||Tribe house-exclusive maps. They cost 5 cheese to create.|
|23||Bootcamp test||Bootcamp test for the Map Crew.|
|24||Dual Shaman Survivor||Survivor-exclusive maps that have two shamans.|
|32||Dual Shaman test||Dual Shaman test for the Map Crew.|
|34||Dual Shaman Survivor test||Dual Shaman Survivor test for the Map Crew.|
|38||Racing test||Racing test for the Map Crew.|
|41||Module||Maps used by a module.|
|42||No Shaman test||No Shaman test for the Map Crew.|
|43||Deleted (Inappropriate)||Deleted maps that are inappropriate (e.g. maps with porn or Nazi content).|
|44||Deleted||Maps removed from the P0 rotation due to unsuitability or lack of popularity.|
|60||Future P66 event-themed maps|
|66||Thematic||Event-themed maps (e.g. Easter-themed maps will play around Easter).|
|87||Vanilla maps with XML (e.g. user-made vanilla maps).|
- List of current vanilla maps
- List of vanilla maps in 2010
- List of event maps
- List of removed maps
- List of other official maps
These are map settings that can be altered to add extra challenge or help to maps:
- Collision: Mice have a physical presence.
- Dodue: Mice can collect up to 3 cheese. For every cheese picked up, the mouse becomes heavier.
- Fall damage: Makes mice shock sensitive. Falling from heights, high restitution and enclosed spaces will kill the mice.
- Gravity: Mice can jump higher or lower, depending on the gravity of the map.
- Inverted: The map is upside down and the controls are inverted.
- Night mode: Mice can only see a small area around them.
- Portal: The shaman can use portals to teleport mice from one place to another.
- Soulmate: You and another mouse are bound together with a string.
- Wind: Mice and shaman objects are pushed left or right.
These are mechanics possibly contained in maps that can help or hinder a map:
- Bombs: Explosive bombs appear in the map.
- Shaman cooperation: Two shamans cooperate to get mice to the hole.
- Shaman fight: Two shamans compete to get the mice into the hole of their color.
- Exploding balls: Balls will explode after a few seconds.
Types of grounds
These are types of ground which can be used to build maps in Transformice:
- Wood ground: Default friction and restitution.
- Ice ground: Has no friction, can not restart mouse's jump when placed vertically.
- Lava ground: Very strong restitution, which sends you flying in the opposite direction in which you landed.
- Chocolate ground: High friction, therefore is sticky, easy to wall jump, hard to walk with cheese.
- Trampoline ground: Moderately strong restitution which makes it bouncy.
- Earth ground: Same friction and restitution as normal ground, but looks like soil.
- Grass ground: Similar to earth ground but has grass on top of it.
- Sand ground: Similar restitution as normal ground, but its friction is slightly lower.
- Cloud ground: Transparent ground, collide with dynamic objects on default.
- Water ground: Mice without cheese are able to "dive" into the ground and surf on top of it, mice with cheese will sink to its bottom.
- Stone ground: No restitution, friction is the same as normal ground.
- Snow ground: It looks are similar to earth ground, but has snow on top of it. Its friction and restitution are slightly lesser than earth ground.
- Rectangle ground: Similar to normal ground, but its color can be changed.
- Circle ground: Similar to rectangle, but round.
- Acid ground: Kills mice on collision.
Keep in mind that the properties can be changed in the Map Editor.